Why Clean The Air on
Our filter system can be stand-alone, or as part of our UVGI system. See our Bus Filtration Page.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has shown us that students that take the bus are several times more likely to arrive safely at school than those that do so by car. However, the air in your school buses is likely the worst air in your entire school facility.
The school bus is the most densely populated and least supervised location within a school system. It is also the first and last location that students are before going to school and going home. Despite the focus on surface disinfection, it is well understood that many pathogens like SARS-CoV-2 and influenza are primarily spread via airborne transmission. This means the school bus is a critical setting to control and prevent airborne transmission by continuously cleaning the airstream.
- Patent pending Lumin-19 uses safe, effective, and proven UVGI to continuously clean and disinfect the air that is being recirculated throughout a vehicle.
- UVGI has been used for decades to help reduce the risk of transmission for numerous pathogens and is a recommended solution by ASHRAE for use in congregate spaces.
- Lumin-19 is easily retrofitted onto existing buses and requires very little maintenance, other than changing bulbs, which have a 17,000-hour expected lifetime.
- Our system keeps UVGI in an enclosure, disinfecting recirculated air without allowing UVC to shine on occupants or materials
- We don’t put any deadly gases, chemicals, ions, hydroxyl radicals, ozone or other pesticides in the air people breathe.