Why Clean the Air
on Your Transit System?
Our filter system can be stand-alone, or as part of our UVGI system. See our Bus Filtration Page.
Public transportation is a requirement for many and a luxury for others. As the economy continues to reopen it remains critical for transit authorities to create the safest environment possible and restore peace of mind for commuters. Despite the focus on surface disinfection, it is well understood that many pathogens like SARS-CoV-2 and influenza are primarily spread via airborne transmission. Public transportation environments are high people density spaces and often utilize low efficiency filtration designed to protect equipment, not clean the air commuters breathe. As a result, transit settings are high risk spaces that require intervention.
Our Solution is customized to Meet the Specifications of Your Fleet
- Patent pending Lumin-19 uses a combination of MERV-13 equivalent filtration and safe, effective, proven UVGI to help continuously clean and disinfect the air recirculated throughout your transit vehicle. A filter only solution is also available.
- UVGI has been used for decades to help reduce the risk of airborne pathogen transmission and is a recommended solution by the CDC and ASHRAE to help supplement enhanced filtration in congregate spaces.
- Our solution keeps UVC in an enclosure, helping to disinfect recirculated air, and prevents UVC from shining on occupants or materials.
- UVC means only UVC…our solution does not use emit deadly gases, chemicals, ions, hydroxyl radicals, ozone or other pesticides in the air people breathe.
- Our solution is easily retrofitted onto existing buses, with or without an existing AC system, and requires very little maintenance.
- Lumin-19 is a visible sign to the public of the commitment by the vehicle system’s owners to their health and safety.