Improve the Air on Your Bus with Polarized MERV-13 Filters from Lumin-Air
Improved particle and pathogen capture
- MERV-13 filters capture pollen, allergens, molds, bacteria, viruses, and small particles, benefitting those with allergies and asthma.
Low pressure drop
- Independent airflow tests on our filter show no airflow decrease compared to standard bus filters, which are MERV-4 or less.
Reduced filter changes
- Our dust holding capacity is 2-3 times that of a typical bus filter, so you can double the time between filter changes.
Improve operational costs
- Our filters cost about 1/10 that of HEPA filters, while providing much higher Clean Air Delivery Rates (see below.)
- Longer duration between filter changes means labor savings.
Our MERV-13 filters can give you a higher Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) than HEPA filters
How can that be possible? It matters how much air you’re cleaning. CADR is the product of your filter efficiency and how much of the air you filter. Example below:
CADR = (cfm) x (efficiency)
- HEPA unit at 400cfm, CADR = (400) x (99.99%) = 400
- MERV-13 filter at 1,300cfm, CADR = (1,300) x (87%) = 1,131*
(HVAC filtration for controlling infection airborne disease transmission in indoor environments: predicting risk reductions and operational costs, 2013 Azimi, Stephens)
* A MERV-13 filter is 87% effective in capturing the airborne droplet nuclei
What does this mean?
- The MERV-13 filter is almost 3X as effective as the HEPA in this example. You would need three HEPA units to achieve similar results to one MERV-13 filter customized to meet the dimensions of your existing bus fleet HVAC system(s).
Start realizing improved indoor air quality today by simply improving your filtration efficiency.