Who We Are
Lumin-Air is an innovative solutions company dedicated to improving indoor air quality (IAQ). Our expertise in engineering, healthcare, manufacturing, and life sciences allows us to provide a unique, comprehensive, and quantifiable solution to your IAQ needs.
Working within all budgets and with a key focus on protecting our environment, we’re all about making our experiences indoors as good as they can be. We can help you evaluate your options of DILUTION, FILTRATION and GERMICIDAL solutions to improve your indoor air quality.
Our mission is to better people’s health and wellbeing inside structures by improving indoor air quality.
Improving IAQ has tangible benefits for your workforce, consumers, and other visitors to your facility. Reducing transmission risk, improving productivity, and helping to ensure a safe environment are all positively impacted by investing in IAQ improvements. An effective, environmentally sustainable IAQ strategy that prioritizes health and wellbeing can be executed without creating exorbitant ongoing operational costs and energy penalties.
- Increasing effective ventilation in buildings and high-density areas, including school buses, metro and mass transit vehicles, government, school and office buildings, manufacturing and retail establishments.
- Improving filtration to the highest MERV level achievable
- Integrating Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) as appropriate to help clean and disinfect the moving airstream.
- Adherence to CDC and ASHRAE recommendations for IAQ.
Evaluating Options for Your Ventilation and Filtration System
At Lumin-Air, we help you understand your facility’s capability to increase ventilation, improve filter efficiency, and ultimately deliver clean air within your space. With a clear understanding of your IAQ goals – we survey your existing equipment and deliver customized recommendations, outlining the economic and environmental impact and tailored to meet your budget.
Evaluating Existing Systems
- Increasing Effective Ventilation: Improving indoor air quality can be more challenging than it sounds. Existing structures are constrained by their ventilation systems which limits the opportunity to incorporate more outside air. New structures can be designed for increased ventilation, but this often results in more energy use and thus higher operating costs and negative impacts to the environment. Even so, we often assume the air outside is cleaner than the air inside, which may not be the case. That why we emphasize “effective” ventilation which can be achieved through methods beyond outside air. For all these reasons, it makes sense to consult with Lumin-Air when trying to achieve an increase in effective ventilation.
- Improving Filtration: More air is not the answer especially if it’s not being cleaned and filtered. Cleaner air means reducing indoor air particles, unwanted Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), microbes and infectious aerosols. These can be safely removed without using or creating harmful byproducts like ozone, ions, hydroxyl radicals, and hydrogen peroxide gas and without placing more burden on building maintenance personnel. Our high efficiency filtration solutions are a safe, effective, low-cost, and recommended strategy for cleaner air.